Witches' Brew with Broomsticks Recipe
While growing up, my boys enjoyed helping me make this beverage with "broomsticks." Now I use the recipe with my grandchildren. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 8 orange candy slices
- 8 cinnamon sticks (5 inches)
- 8 pieces black shoestring licorice (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup red-hot candies
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1. For broomsticks, on a lightly sugared surface, roll each orange slice into a 1/4-in.-thick triangle. With wet scissors, snip bottoms of triangles to resemble broom bristles. Wrap pointed end of each around a cinnamon stick. Coil a licorice piece around the top of each orange slice to secure to cinnamon stick; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water and red-hots to a boil, stirring frequently until dissolved. Whisk in milk and chocolate drink mix. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until hot. Pour into cups or mugs. Serve with broomstick stirrers. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC