Witches' Brew with Broomsticks Recipe
While growing up, my boys enjoyed helping me make this beverage with "broomsticks." Now I use the recipe with my grandchildren. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 8 orange candy slices
- 8 cinnamon sticks (5 inches)
- 8 pieces black shoestring licorice (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup red-hot candies
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- For broomsticks, on a lightly sugared surface, roll each orange slice into a 1/4-in.-thick triangle. With wet scissors, snip bottoms of triangles to resemble broom bristles. Wrap pointed end of each around a cinnamon stick. Coil a licorice piece around the top of each orange slice to secure to cinnamon stick; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and red-hots to a boil, stirring frequently until dissolved. Whisk in milk and chocolate drink mix. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until hot. Pour into cups or mugs. Serve with broomstick stirrers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Witches' Brew with Broomsticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p244
Reviews for Witches' Brew with Broomsticks(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2010
This was a very big success. Where did you get the cups and saucers?
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2009
I made this recipe for a family gathering. It did not get the ratings I expected but it was eaten fairly quickly. I would definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beverages >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Hot Beverages >
- Kids Desserts >