- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup Corn Pops
- 1 cup bite-sized Shredded Wheat
- 1 cup square oat cereal
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 ice cream sugar cones
- Orange and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In a large bowl, beat cookie dough and cocoa until blended. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray. Press cookies with bottom of glass to flatten, recoating in cooking spray as needed.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely on pans on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine corn pops, Shredded Wheat, oat cereal, cherries and, if desired, pumpkin seeds. In a microwave, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a large resealable plastic bag; add cereal mixture. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread onto baking sheets to cool.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over sugar cones. Freeze until set, about 10 minutes. Fill each cone with 2 tablespoons cereal mixture.
- Place a filled cone on each cookie; pipe melted chocolate around base of cones to adhere. Decorate as desired with sprinkles and remaining melted chocolate. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. Serve with remaining cereal mixture. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Witch's Snack Hats in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Witch's Snack Hats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review