Witch's Hat Soup
Get into the Halloween theme with this cute soup created by our Test Kitchen. With a mix of vegetables, beans and seasonings, it's a thick and hearty broth with a kick of spice that heats up Halloween menus.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Canned pasteurized cheddar cheese snack
- Spritz tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon taco
- seasoning. With a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out four
- circles from each tortilla (discard scraps). Cut a slit into the
- center of eight circles; shape each into a cone and secure with
- Place circles and cones on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, vegetables,