- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Remove a third
- of the dough; cover and set aside. Roll remaining dough into a
- 10-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush 1 tablespoon butter over bottom half of circle to within 1/4
- in. of edges. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend, 1/4 cup Parmesan
- cheese, poppy seeds, garlic powder, oregano and pepper flakes. Fold
- dough over filling. Using scissors or a pizza cutter, cut dough into
- 1/2-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of fold; twist and curl strips
- into a brush.
- Shape remaining dough into an 12-in. rope. Twist dough and place
- above brush for a handle. Brush remaining butter over dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without spaghetti sauce) equals 198 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.