Witch Hat Treats Recipe
This clever twist on ordinary marshmallow cereal treats add to the festive feeling around Halloween. —Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange frosting
- Chocolate jimmies
- Rope black licorice
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on high for about 30 seconds. Add marshmallows; stir to coat. Microwave on high 30-40 seconds longer or until smooth. Stir in peanut butter. Immediately add cereal; stir gently until coated. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and shortening on 70% power for 45 seconds. Heat in 10 to 20 second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Cool completely.
- 3. Cut into 2-1/2-in. x 2-in. triangles, with a thin base on bottom of triangle for hat brim. Decorate with frosting, jimmies for the buckle and licorice for the brim. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Witch Hat Treats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC