Wisconsin Cheddar-Cider Spread
Real aged sharp cheddar pairs well with sweet apple cider. Serve this as a spread with apple wedges and crackers. Or place on bread and broil for excellent open-faced sandwiches.Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Beach, Florida
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Apple slices and/or Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a blender, combine the apple cider, yogurt, mustard and cheese;
- cover and process until blended. Stir in caraway seeds. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with apples and/or crackers.
- Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons spread (calculated without apples and crackers) equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.