Wisconsin Cheddar-Cider Spread Recipe
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Apple slices and/or rye crackers
- 1. In a blender, combine the apple cider, yogurt, mustard and cheese; cover and process until blended. Stir in caraway seeds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with apples and/or crackers. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons spread (calculated without apples and crackers) equals 90 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.