Wintry Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
"I first tasted this warming beverage on a camping trip in the mountains," recalls Ruby Gibson of Newton, North Carolina. "It was a wonderful treat on those crisp mornings."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:21 servings
- 6-2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup boiling water
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 21 batches (about 7 cups total).
- 2. To prepare hot cocoa: Stir mix before measuring. Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in boiling water. Top with miniature marshmallows if desired. Yield: 1 serving per batch.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC