"I first tasted this warming beverage on a camping trip in the mountains," recalls Ruby Gibson of Newton, North Carolina. "It was a wonderful treat on those crisp mornings."
- 6-2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup boiling water
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 21 servings (about 7 cups total).
- To prepare hot cocoa: Stir mix before measuring. Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in boiling water. Top with miniature marshmallows if desired. Yield: 1 serving per batch.
Originally published as Hot Cocoa Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p14
Reviews for Wintry Hot Cocoa Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review