Wintertime Meatball Soup Recipe
This recipe is versatile. If you like, you can vary the vegetables that are added to the soup. In my version, I add a bit of chopped jalapeno pepper for some heat and serve the robust soup with cornbread or garlic bread.—Eunice Justice, Cody, Wyoming
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, broth, spaghetti sauce, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir in the meatballs, mixed vegetables and cabbage. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 15 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
1 cup: 295 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1147mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Wintertime Meatball Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC