- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Miniature M&M's and semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda. Beat in 1/3 cup butter. Stir in water until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and remaining butter. Beat in flour. Stir in peanut butter chips. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Use a snowman pattern or a cookie cutter to mark brownies; cut with a knife. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Decorate with M&M's and chips if desired. Yield: 1 dozen large or 3 dozen small brownies.
Originally published as Winter Wonderland Snowmen Brownies in Country Woman January/February 1997, p40
Reviews for Winter Wonderland Snowmen Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review