Winter Wonderland Cereal Treats Recipe
This is a fun recipe to make with kids. They can help by decorating with gumdrops, pretzels and candies. Airheads Sour Belts make sweet scarves; snipped marshmallows work for hats. —Brenda Austin, Manlius, New York
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Pretzel sticks, assorted candies and/or Fruit Roll-Ups, cut into thin strips
- Vanilla frosting
- Flaked coconut
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cinnamon and marshmallows; stir until blended and marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in cereal until coated. Use mixture to shape trees or snowmen.
- 2. For trees, press mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; cool completely. Cut into triangles.
- 3. For snowmen, cool cereal mixture slightly; shape into different-sized balls using buttered hands. Stack balls to make snowmen.
- 4. To decorate, attach pretzels, candies and/or Fruit Roll-Ups with frosting. Arrange cereal treats on a platter; surround with coconut. Serve the same day for best texture. Yield: about 10 trees or 6 snowmen.
1 serving (calculated without decorations): 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Winter Wonderland Cereal Treats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC