Winter Wonderland Cereal Treats
This is a fun recipe to make with kids. They can help by decorating with gumdrops, pretzels and candies. Airheads Sour Belts make sweet scarves; snipped marshmallows work for hats. —Brenda Austin, Manlius, New York
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Pretzel sticks, assorted candies and/or Fruit Roll-ups, cut into thin strips
- Vanilla frosting
- Flaked coconut
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cinnamon and
- marshmallows; stir until blended and marshmallows are melted. Remove
- from the heat. Stir in cereal until coated. Use mixture to shape
- trees or snowmen.
- For trees, press mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan;
- cool completely. Cut into triangles.
- For snowmen, cool cereal mixture slightly; shape into different-sized
- balls using buttered hands. Stack balls to make snowmen.
- To decorate, attach pretzels, candies and/or Fruit Roll-ups with
- frosting. Arrange cereal treats on a platter; surround with coconut.
- Serve the same day for best texture. Yield: about 10 trees or 6