Winter White Filling or Frosting Recipe
How versatile! Prepare this recipe for use as a cake filling, frosting or both. —Sarah Thompson, Greenfield, Wisconsin
- FOR USE AS A FILLING:
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- FOR USE AS A FROSTING:
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. TO MAKE FILLING OR FROSTING: In a microwave, melt baking chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cooled baking chocolate and lemon juice until smooth.
- 3. Spread between cake layers and/or over top and sides of cake. Yield: 2 cups filling or 6 cups frosting.
2 tablespoons equals 83 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC