"I found this beverage recipe more than 15 years ago, when I was in high school," recalls Sally Seidel, Banner, Wyoming. "My husband and I also enjoy it after the children go to bed."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 envelopes (1 ounce each) instant hot cocoa mix or 1/2 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 3 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the cocoa mix, coffee, cream and
- rum extract until heated through and cocoa is dissolved. Pour into
- mugs. Garnish with whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 194 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.