- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced and quartered
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the broth, carrots, potato and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add the pasta, corn and tomatoes to soup; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Winter Warm-Up Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p13
Reviews for Winter Warm-Up Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review