Winter Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced parsnips
- 1/2 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup julienned potatoes
- 1 cup julienned sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, parsnips and onion in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and ginger. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the broth, orange juice concentrate, salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Winter Veggie Stir-Fry
"Tried it first as stated, then tried it again with garlic added both ways ok will make again."