Winter Veggie Stir-Fry Recipe
"My husband and I own and operate a 160-Holstein dairy in western Washington," writes Julie DeRuwe of Olympia. "He commutes one way to the dairy, and I drive the other way to my job in Kent. Even with our busy schedules, we still find time to share our favorite hobby—vegetable gardening. We enjoy our bounty year-round in dishes like this delicious stir-fry."
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced parsnips
- 1/2 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup julienned potatoes
- 1 cup julienned sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the carrots, parsnips and onion in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and ginger. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the broth, orange juice concentrate, salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Uncover; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Veggie Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p42
Reviews for Winter Veggie Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2012
"Tried it first as stated, then tried it again with garlic added both ways ok will make again."