Winter Vegetables Recipe
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into strips
- 4 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 3 fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Place the turnips, rutabaga and carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut florets from broccoli and save for another use. Cut broccoli stalks into strips; add to saucepan. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter. Stir in the parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 51 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Winter Vegetables
"This was the perfect winter vegetable dish. Cutting the rutabaga into strips was challenging but worth the effort!"