Winter Vegetables Recipe
The flavor of thyme shines through in this recipe. The colorful array of vegetables is so appealing on the table. It’s a great way to showcase often unused broccoli stalks.
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into strips
- 4 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 3 fresh broccoli spears
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pepper to taste
- Place the turnips, rutabaga and carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut florets from broccoli and save for another use. Cut broccoli stalks into strips; add to saucepan. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter. Stir in the parsley, salt, thyme and pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Winter Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p123
Reviews for Winter Vegetables(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
This was the perfect winter vegetable dish. Cutting the rutabaga into strips was challenging but worth the effort!