I'VE ENJOYED this soup for years because it tastes good, is simple to make and doesn't leave a lot of leftovers. When there's a chill in the air, a steaming bowl of this savory soup is welcome. -Mavis Diment, Marcus, Iowa
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the broth, potato, carrot and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, salt if desired and pepper; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Winter Vegetable Soup in Reminisce November/December 1996, p45
Reviews for Winter Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review