- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, sour cream, rosemary, basil, salt, pepper and cumin. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Layer half of the potatoes, turnips and sweet potato in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; pour half of sauce over the top. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Vegetable Gratin in Country Woman February/March 2010, p31
Reviews for Winter Vegetable Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review