Winter Squash Soup Recipe
I enjoy trying new recipes and adding different seasonings to enhance the flavor. This is a tasty way to serve squash.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups mashed cooked butternut, acorn or Hubbard squash
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the squash, parsley, salt, savory, rosemary and nutmeg and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Gradually stir in cream. Cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Winter Squash Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC