Winter Squash Souffle Recipe
My large family gets together quite often. To make it easy on the host, everyone brings a dish to pass, and we often swap recipes. I've shared this one many times. —Colleen Birchill, Spokane, Washington
- 3 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the squash, cheese, butter, cream, salt, pepper and thyme. Beat egg yolks; add to squash mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 114 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2015
"made for our lunch 2009. Very nice recipe"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC