Winter Squash Souffle Recipe
My large family gets together quite often. To make it easy on the host, everyone brings a dish to pass, and we often swap recipes. I've shared this one many times. —Colleen Birchill, Spokane, Washington
- 3 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the squash, cheese, butter, cream, salt, pepper and thyme. Beat egg yolks; add to squash mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 114 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2015
"made for our lunch 2009. Very nice recipe"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC