Winter Squash Souffle Bake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Separate eggs. Let eggs and squash stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease a 1-1/2-qt. souffle dish and lightly sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, squash, butter, brown sugar, salt, orange peel, nutmeg and pepper.
- 3. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into squash mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined. Transfer to prepared dish.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle Bake
"My 14 month old really liked this."
"I have so many squash this year that I was happy to find this recipe. I used 3 cups of fresh, cooked winter squash puree (drain well) instead of the purchased squash. This souffle' reminds me of the egg custard pie that my mother made when I was a child."