Winter Squash Souffle Bake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Separate eggs. Let eggs and squash stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease a 1-1/2-qt. souffle dish and lightly sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, squash, butter, brown sugar, salt, orange peel, nutmeg and pepper.
- 3. In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into squash mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined. Transfer to prepared dish.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 212 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle Bake
"My 14 month old really liked this."
"I have so many squash this year that I was happy to find this recipe. I used 3 cups of fresh, cooked winter squash puree (drain well) instead of the purchased squash. This souffle' reminds me of the egg custard pie that my mother made when I was a child."