This special squash souffle is a feast for your eyes and your taste buds. The beautiful golden color looks perfect on your Thanksgiving table. —Christine Omar, Harwich Port, Massachusetts
- 4 eggs
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Separate eggs. Let eggs and squash stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease a 1-1/2-qt. souffle dish and lightly sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, squash, butter, brown sugar, salt, orange peel, nutmeg and pepper.
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of the egg whites into squash mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash Souffle Bake in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p26
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review