- 3 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, cheese, butter, cream, salt, pepper and thyme. Beat egg yolks; add to squash mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash Souffle in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p140
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2015
"made for our lunch 2009. Very nice recipe"