My large family gets together quite often. To make it easy on the host, everyone brings a dish to pass, and we often swap recipes. I've shared this one many times. —Colleen Birchill, Spokane, Washington
- 3 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, cheese, butter, cream, salt, pepper and thyme. Beat egg yolks; add to squash mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into squash mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash Souffle in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p140
Reviews for Winter Squash Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review