Winter Squash Quiche Recipe
I always get compliments when I serve this quiche to my hungry crew. Our grandchildren especially love it for breakfast. The sweet flavor of the Swiss cheese and squash really comes through.—Mary Detweiler, Middlefield, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed cooked winter squash
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk milk, squash, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC