Winter Squash Puff
When my grown children come home for Thanksgiving, they always ask to make sure this squash puff is on the menu. The family favorite recipe came from my grandmother.—Diane McDuffee, Fort Plain, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min.
- 3 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; spoon into a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 65-70
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 322 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.