Winter Squash Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pureed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, squash, buttermilk, honey and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill half full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Winter Squash Muffins(2)
Sort By :
Used others suggestions to add the clove & nutmeg and they turned out delicious! Used acorn squash ~ they were very moist, my 1 year old gobbled them up!
These were very good but I would like a bit more spice to mine. Next time I'll try adding some nutmeg & maybe some cloves. Overall though, I really like these especially with the whole wheat flour. Great way to use up the leftover cooked squash.