Winter Squash Casserole Recipe
Years ago, our vegetable garden kept us well supplied all year long. Dad stored huge piles of potatoes and squash in the coldest part of the basement. In winter the squash was so hard. Mother sometimes used an ax to cut it into small pieces for cooking! Her hard work was worth it, because we really enjoyed this wonderful casserole! —Glendora Hauger, Siren, Wisconsin
- 6 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour into a ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 387 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Winter Squash Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC