Winter Squash Casserole
Years ago, our vegetable garden kept us well supplied all year long. Dad stored huge piles of potatoes and squash in the coldest part of the basement. In winter the squash was so hard. Mother sometimes used an ax to cut it into small pieces for cooking! Her hard work was worth it, because we really enjoyed this wonderful casserole!
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups mashed winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour int a
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 387 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.