Winter Squash Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, allspice, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add squash and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 192 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Winter Squash Banana Bread
"This is the best bread ever. I bake it in 6-7 mini loaf pans 3 x 5 inches and adjust the time without any problem. Several people I have given this bread to have commented that they ate the whole loaf in one setting - one of them saying it was in front of friends and they didn't even offer to share and really didn't feel guilty! It is really a keeper! Thanks for sharing!"
"Could the time/temp. be adjusted to using two (2) 9x5 loaf pans?"