- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mashed winter squash, thawed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine squash, 1 cup cheese, cream, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Top with walnuts and remaining cheese before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2016
"This was just ok, nothing special. Won't be making it again."