- 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mashed winter squash, thawed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine squash, 1 cup cheese, cream, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Top with walnuts and remaining cheese before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review