- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark rum or 1/4 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until fruit is softened. Stir in apple cider, brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. Add eggs to fruit mixture; mix well. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to fruit mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Winter Spice Bundt Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p75
Reviews for Winter Spice Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review