Winter Salad Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a large salad bowl; discard garlic. In the bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey and salt. Add pears; gently toss to coat. Add the greens, walnuts and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 154 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Winter Salad
"This recipe was a wonderful addition to our dinner, it was quick and easy and was a mouthful of flavor! All my guest loved it!"