I make this salad for special dinners. Everyone loves the flavor combination and interesting textures of the pears, walnuts, greens and Gorgonzola cheese. It makes good use of ingredients grown here in California, and it’s nice for winter when other fruits aren’t readily available.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a large salad bowl;
- discard garlic. In the bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey and
- salt. Add pears; gently toss to coat. Add the greens, walnuts and
- cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.