Winter Salad Recipe
I make this salad for special dinners. Everyone loves the flavor combination and interesting textures of the pears, walnuts, greens and Gorgonzola cheese. It makes good use of ingredients grown here in California, and it’s nice for winter when other fruits aren’t readily available.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a large salad bowl; discard garlic. In the bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey and salt. Add pears; gently toss to coat. Add the greens, walnuts and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 154 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Winter Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC