Winter Salad Recipe
I make this salad for special dinners. Everyone loves the flavor combination and interesting textures of the pears, walnuts, greens and Gorgonzola cheese. It makes good use of ingredients grown here in California, and it’s nice for winter when other fruits aren’t readily available.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a large salad bowl; discard garlic. In the bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey and salt. Add pears; gently toss to coat. Add the greens, walnuts and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Salad in Country December/January 2007, p49
Reviews for Winter Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2010
"This recipe was a wonderful addition to our dinner, it was quick and easy and was a mouthful of flavor! All my guest loved it!"