- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- White chocolate curls, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with corn syrup over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Cover and set aside until cool. In a large saucepan, heat milk until small bubbles form around edge. (Do not boil.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream and cooled chocolate mixture on medium-low speed until soft peaks form. To serve, spoon chocolate cream into mugs; add hot milk and stir gently. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forWinter's Warmth Hot Chocolate
"IT WOULD BE FINE, EXCEPT THAT CORN SYRUP IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS YOU CAN EAT!"