Winter Root Vegetables Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook vegetables separately in water until tender; drain. Melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Combine the vegetables and butter mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1 fat; also, 97 calories, 72 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol 12 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 5 gm fat.