- 1 medium acorn squash, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium pears, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Place the squash, potatoes and onion in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil; seal bag and shake to coat. Place in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Place pears in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the thyme, salt, pepper and remaining oil; seal bag and shake to coat. Arrange with vegetables. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Arrange in an ovenproof dish; drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Winter Roasted Vegetables
"We used goat cheese instead of blue cheese. Added garlic salt and pepper to first vegetable toss"
"We made this tonight and it was wonderful! The pears really make this unique. We realized we didn't have balsamic vinegar at the last minute so we used balsamic salad dressing. We can't wait to make this again."