Roasted vegetables and pears are scrumptious paired with blue cheese and toasted hazelnuts and then drizzled with balsamic vinegar. —Susie Van Etten, Chapmansboro, Tennessee
- 1 medium acorn squash, seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium pears, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Place the squash, potatoes and onion in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons oil; seal bag and shake to coat. Place in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Place pears in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the thyme, salt, pepper and remaining oil; seal bag and shake to coat. Arrange with vegetables. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Arrange in an ovenproof dish; drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Winter Roasted Vegetables in Country February/March 2010, p49
Reviews for Winter Roasted Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review