Winter Pork Chop Bake Recipe
Pork has always been a family favorite, and this recipe is a winner. All the work is done in the preparation, so there is very little cleanup after the meal.
- 1 medium tart apple, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices rye bread, toasted and cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 bone-in pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the first five ingredients in butter for 5 minutes or until red pepper and onion are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread cubes, broth, juice, sage and basil.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, brown chops in oil. Place stuffing in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Place chops on top; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange sweet potato around edges of the dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Winter Pork Chop Bake
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC