- Place squash cubes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Toss with
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender and lightly
- browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1
- tablespoon each basil, cilantro and mint. Transfer to a baking
- sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned,
- stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place the cooled squash, arugula, apple slices, onion, cranberries,
- olives, lime juice and peel, croutons and remaining herbs in a large
- In a small skillet, cook apple in 1 tablespoon each honey and oil
- over medium heat until apple is softened and caramelized, stirring
- often. Transfer to a blender.
- Add the vinegar, brandy, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining honey.
- Cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add
- remaining oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 276 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.