Winter Garden Scrambled Eggs
I like to serve hearty county breakfasts, so I'm always searching for different ways to cook eggs. I created this recipe and make it often on Sundays.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch celery seed
- In a bowl, beat eggs, add ham, peppers, mushrooms and onion. Melt
- butter in a large skillet; add the egg mixture. Cook and stir gently
- over medium heat until the eggs are completely set. Add garlic salt,
- pepper and celery seed. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 318 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 474 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.