This is a perfect fruit salad to prepare all winter long! It's pretty enough to serve as a dessert, yet satisfying enough to enjoy as a snack.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart mixed fresh fruit chunks (apples, bananas, oranges, pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Whipped topping, optional
- Drain pineapple and set juice and pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Fold in fruit, nuts, coconut and reserved pineapple. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Winter Fruit Salad in Country Extra January 1991, p49
Reviews for Winter Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
"i have been looking for this recipe for along time, i lost awhile back!! this is a simple and delicious recipe."
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2010
"This is a wonderful salad, I have passed the recipe on to many people."