- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart mixed fresh fruit chunks (apples, bananas, oranges, pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Whipped topping, optional
- Drain pineapple and set juice and pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Fold in fruit, nuts, coconut and reserved pineapple. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Winter Fruit Salad
"It's good and I will definitely make it again. The directions for preparing the pudding mix confused me and I made the pudding with the milk and then realized I should have just used the pineapple juice. I mixed the pineapple juice into about half of the pudding and used it that way. Worked find and everyone seemed to like it."
"i have been looking for this recipe for along time, i lost awhile back!! this is a simple and delicious recipe."
"This is a wonderful salad, I have passed the recipe on to many people."