This is a perfect fruit salad to prepare all winter long! It's pretty enough to serve as a dessert, yet satisfying enough to enjoy as a snack.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart mixed fresh fruit chunks (apples, bananas, oranges, pears)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Whipped topping, optional
- Drain pineapple and set juice and pineapple aside. In a saucepan, combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Fold in fruit, nuts, coconut and reserved pineapple. Chill until serving. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Winter Fruit Salad in Country Extra January 1991, p49
Reviews for Winter Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review