Winter Fruit Compote
“You can make this colorful and easy fruit relish up to a week in advance and refrigerate it,” says Esther Chesney from Carthage, Missouri. “It makes a great accompaniment to turkey, chicken or pork throughout the holiday season.”
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the cranberries, brown sugar,
- orange juice concentrate and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until cranberries pop and mixture is
- Turn off the heat; stir in the apricots, raisins and walnuts. Cool to
- room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.