Winter Fruit Compote Recipe
“You can make this colorful and easy fruit relish up to a week in advance and refrigerate it,” says Esther Chesney from Carthage, Missouri. “It makes a great accompaniment to turkey, chicken or pork throughout the holiday season.”
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until cranberries pop and mixture is thickened.
- Turn off the heat; stir in the apricots, raisins and walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Winter Fruit Compote in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p27
Reviews for Winter Fruit Compote(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review