Winter Fruit and Watercress Salad Recipe
- 6 large red apples, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes, separated into small bunches
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, toss apples and lemon juice. Arrange watercress on a large serving platter. Top with the grapes, onions and apples.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lemon juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle 1/2 cup over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate salad and remaining salad dressing until serving. Serve remaining dressing on the side. Garnish with lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
1 each: 179 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Winter Fruit and Watercress Salad
"Very refreshing... Apple, lemon, and red onions together is amazing!"