- 6 large red apples, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes, separated into small bunches
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, toss apples and lemon juice. Arrange watercress on a large serving platter. Top with the grapes, onions and apples.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lemon juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle 1/2 cup over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate salad and remaining salad dressing until serving. Serve remaining dressing on the side. Garnish with lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Winter Fruit Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p33
Reviews for Winter Fruit and Watercress Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2012
"Very refreshing... Apple, lemon, and red onions together is amazing!"