Winter Fruit and Watercress Salad Recipe
For a flavorful and attractive side dish, try this refreshing salad. I fix it ahead to give the flavors a chance to blend, which also eliminates last-minute fuss. Family members and guests always tell me how much they enjoy it. - Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 6 large red apples, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes, separated into small bunches
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- HONEY LEMON DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, toss apples and lemon juice. Arrange watercress on a large serving platter. Top with the grapes, onions and apples.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lemon juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle 1/2 cup over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate salad and remaining salad dressing until serving. Serve remaining dressing on the side. Garnish with lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
Originally published as Winter Fruit Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p33
Reviews for Winter Fruit and Watercress Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2012
Very refreshing... Apple, lemon, and red onions together is amazing!