Winter Floret Medley
Our family loves broccoli and cauliflower. This simple stovetop side dish is quick and easy to make. Crisp-tender florets are mildly seasoned with garlic.
Joyce Davis of Marshfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or
- until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 53 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.