Winter Fantasy Star Cupcakes
Best-selling authors of the book Hello, Cupcake!, Karen Tack & Alan Richardson, spent a few days with us creating one-of-a-kind beauties that you can make at homeno special tools or talents required. Just bake your favorite cupcakes, have your favorite vanilla icing on hand and HAVE FUN!
24 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 to 2 cans vanilla frosting (16 ounces each)
- Cupcakes of your choice
- Clear decorating sugar
- Miniature silver dragees, optional
- Nonstick foil or parchment paper
- Blue, clear and/ or white hard candies
- Additional vanilla frosting
- Blue decorating sugar
- Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for decorating as desired.
- For star cupcakes: Place clear decorating sugar in a small shallow
- bowl; stir in miniature dragees if desired. (Dragees are not edible
- and are for decorative use only.) Roll top edge of each cupcake in
- sugar to form a decorative rim. Set aside.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with nonstick foil. Crush
- candies in desired color to yield about 1 cup. Place in prepared
- pan, spreading candy to about 1/4-in. thickness. Bake at 350°
- for 3-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, coat 6-8 metal
- star-shaped cookie cutters with cooking spray.
- Remove pan from the oven; press prepared cutters into melted candy.
- Let stand until just before candy is set; remove cutters. (Reheat
- scraps in the oven if desired.)
- Add frosting to a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in